Friday, April 29, 2016

Week 14 Storytelling: Mickey and Minnie's jungle walk

Here continues another bedtime story of three sisters. Similar to the previous stories, they will be focusing on Mickey and Minnie as their main characters.
Mary continues, “Today, I have decided to continue on from our last night’s bedtime story because we did not have Minnie’s character as much. Which I know was Ally’s complain from our last bedtime story. Alright sisters, here we go.”
Here continues the story after two months of Mickey and Minnie’s happy married and great life. Mickey and Minnie had their own everyday routine. Every day Mickey and Minnie would go out for a walk. When Mickey would come back from work.
One day as they were getting ready for the walk, Mickey’s father called Mickey and Minnie in his study room, where he was reading one of his favorite book because he enjoys reading a lot.
As Mickey and Minnie walked into the room, father said, “I heard that you guys go for a walk in a huge dangerous jungle. Is that correct, Mickey?”
Mickey anxiously said, “Yes father we do.”
Then, father said, “Are you a little kid, Mickey? Have you not heard any story of that jungle? Don’t you know that it is such a dangerous place for you and especially when you have Minnie with you?”
Mickey said, “Father, we have been going from past two weeks and it is not dangerous at all. Look, look at us we are totally fine.”
Then the father said aggressively, “Are those people crazy who tells the horrible stories of the jungle?”
Mickey calmly said, “Listen father, we have been going from past two week and nothing has happed. Those stories were nothing but rumors.”

Then very aggressively father said, “Mickey, I did not call you here for an arguments. Fine, you can go Mickey, but I am not going to let Minnie go. She will stay at home and follow what I say. Okay, Minnie?”
Minnie stuck in between did not know what you say. First she looked at Mickey to check his reaction on father’sstatement and finally, she said, “Yes father. You are right. That jungle is a dangerous place for us to go.”
Then happily, father said, “Great, Minnie. I know you would never disobey to what I am saying. You both can leave now.”
When Mickey and Minnie got to their room, Minnie tried to calm Mickey and said, “Look Mickey, he is our father and he would never want to see us getting harmed by anything. So we should listen to what he says. So, be happy now.
Then Mickey said, “I guess. Yes you are right if thinking from a father perspective.”
Then while yawing, Mary said, “Alright sisters, lets sleep now. Good night.”

Happy couple:Mickey and Minnie
Author's Note: I followed the idea from "Beauty and Brownie" story, which is a Jataka tales by Ellen C. Babbit. The original story is over two deer, Beatuy and Brownie. Their father tells them to be careful because that jungle is not save for them. However, Beauty listens to her father and does not go too far, where she would get hurt, but Brownie gets in danger by not following what he father told. So, my story was more like a conversation between father and son, but the idea was the same, which was a jungle.



Bibliography: Babbitt, Ellen C. "Beauty and Brownie." The Balwin Porject






2 comments:

  1. Hello! I loved your story! I especially liked how the father demanded that Minnie should stay with him as a test to see if she would listen to her father. I thought it was creative. One thing that I would change visually is the spacing of the story. The lines seem to run together and it is hard to tell when one paragraph ends and another one starts. Other than that, great job! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I noticed right off the bat you included a picture this time around! I’m so happy about that, it really cements the characters and causes no confusion (at least for me). Not to mention it makes me so happy to see those two iconic Disney characters. This is my favorite one you have wrote so far, I really caught the meaning of the story right away, which was really fantastic! There are only minor spelling problems and sentence problems, but honestly I really enjoyed it! Great job!

    ReplyDelete