Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Week 14 Reading Diary Continued: more of jataka tales

Title: Jataka Tales
Author: Ellen C. Babbitt
Link: http://iereadingguides.blogspot.com/2013/06/reading-guide-babbitt-jataka-tales.html

For this week's reading diary, I read more of Jataka Tales by Ellen Babbit. It was fun reading all of the short stories but I do have some favorites. "The Monkey saved his Troop" is the one I liked the most because I liked the idea of how the money did not care about anything but his troops. I think all of these short stories teach you a lesson. So, for instance, in this one the idea would be to help others when they are in trouble. The second story I liked was "Beauty and Brownie" where the brownie get in trouble for not listening to his parent. On the other hand, Beauty deer, she was totally okay because she listened to his father and followed his instructions. So, here the lesson is to listen to what your parents or elderly say because they tend to be right most of the time.

Beauty and Brownie

No comments:

Post a Comment